disiplining a 2 1/2 year old

my daughter has a very bad attitude tells us to shut up and says words like shit, damn. i dont know what to do anymore i have tried everything i need help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she's learning it from somewhere! If you watch your mouth and supervise what she watches on tv, anyone else you can think of? Give them a talking to. In the mean time, remind her not to talk like that. My mom used to tell me "don't say ___, say ___ instead". If you have the urge to say "damn" try to catch yourself and say "oh bananas" or something silly! she will learn by example.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You have to fix what you have essentially created. She picked this behavior up from the environment that she is in. For the attitude you need to be firm with her and tell her that it is not acceptable and find a punishment that you feel will work for it. Like sending her to her room for a few mins to cool off. The language you need to explain to her that those words like her attitude are not acceptable and you have to show her by example. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010