Why is it that Teenagers always know everything and their parents never know anything?

I have a teen who thinks i am completely stupid. He tinks that i have no knowledge of the computer, or anything else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Because they watch you leading your "boring" life & they don't realize that you did once deal with all the drama that they're going through. If you want them to know that you have computer skills, PROVE it to them... the same goes for life experience. You don't have to admit that you tried drugs (if you did) or how many sexual partners you had, but you can tell them stories from when you were their age...
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It has always been and will always be.
    Remember hire a teenager while they still know everything!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I'm still trying to figure that out... My daughter once told me that I was friggin (didn't use the REAL F word) stupid.. Well guess what.. She found herself grounded for a while.... From EVERYTHING..
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 7:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I ask my teen son he said because we are from a different time...? I guess they have been there and done all that already. Teens are so full of prunes.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 2:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Quoting Mark Twain: "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." Too true - to my teens at home, I'm only somewhat knowledgable; to my 21 year old who is now a mom herself, I'm pretty valuable!
    aurodrums

Answer by aurodrums at 8:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Teens like to think they know it all....that is just how they are wired! I'm sure you acted the same way! It's a vicious cycle!
    40sthenew20

Answer by 40sthenew20 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2008