Why are you financially unstable?

I read a lot of posts here about women not being able to pay all the bills. What put you in that situation? I'm asking a serious, honest question. You can be anonymous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• LOL for me it's about using my cc too much to eat at restaurants, and for car repairs. Seriously! But at least I have a job, and I go to school, so it's not like I'm sitting on my ass complaining about my situation, I'm actually DOING something about it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• We both were out of work for a little bit and now we're playing catch up. We moved so that we were living more inside our means. I htink mos tpeople f*c* up because they buy things they can't afford, use credit cards, and live in an extravagant manner...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• There was a time that I was financially unstable. During my divorce I had lost my job... enough said on that one.

I have since recovered and have not had financial problems since. I am debt free at the moment... until I purchase another car,,,
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Oh yeah, that reminds me I charged my tattoos too! yay!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm 67 retired, fixed Income. Everything is going up and no Pay Check to help out. I have 3 Biz's, hoping to make extra. The last two are going to add to my Finances. The first is a bust!!! No one around here can afford it although it is a great Product.

Oh, I do work out of my Home, in my PJ's, with my Computer and my Phone! LOL

PSST!! I'm looking for people who are willing to put in the time to build a great Residual Income and not break their back or Bank account to do it!

Barb/MotherBee234
    MotherBee234

Answer by MotherBee234 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm ok with what I've got but I won't have enough for Christmas. I've been trying to find a motherfreaking job for a while and I either come up with scams or no one will call even though I've been persistent on calling. I have all I need for now but not enough for if something were to happen.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My twins were 11 weeks early. My son suffered brain damage and has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. My insurance doesn't cover most of his care and we make too much to get any kind of aide whatsoever. I can't put them in daycare because I can't afford $600/month for shots that keep them from becoming extremely ill on top of the 1600/month for daycare itself. Having special needs infants, our expenses doubled and our income cut. I can't work full time because the doctor appointments and therapy 5 days a week are a full time job. Our savings was wiped out in a couple of months because of all the co-pays just to see the doctors.

I can't pay my mortgage, but rent is just as expensive in this area. Every single charity I've given to over the years has denied us help. Every government agency has denied us help.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I got pregnant last year with my second, and unfortunetly I have RH negative blood which gives RH disease to my children. With my first I was on medicad, but the second one my husband and I had our own insurance. Well anyways my insurance would not cover my pregnancy because they ruled it experimental which put me into 20,000 in medical debt. Then my son passed and I could not work my husband was having a hard time and could not work either. So now we are playing catch up but my credit and everything is ruined.
    Anonymous

• My ex left me, and left me with two mortgages & all of the child expenses, while he went out & started a new family with his trashy new (now) wife. They had a kid before our divorce was final. I paid everything as best I could until I had to let it all go & then finally file bankruptcy so that I could start over. He has been "self-employed" for over a year now, so couldn't even get the child support I'm due. BUT....now he has a paycheck coming in, so I'm going to the clerk of court on Friday to file a Motion to have his wages garnished. Payback sucks dumbass!!!!
    Anonymous

• I'm always wondering the same thing... and all the scrambling before Christmas. It's at the same time every year... you can prepare for it and budget for it, just like you prepare for your car insurance payment.

I'm not financially unstable, btw... a lot of that is careful budgeting, frugal living, and having a savings plan in place.
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 11:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008