i have a question

how can you tell your family members to watch there mouths with out them getting pissed off. cause my sister n law told my daugther to shut up one day and i told her not to talk to my daughter like that all she did was get mad then my mother n law got mad at me for correcting her

MarissaDavis29

Asked by MarissaDavis29 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Me personally.

It wouldn't matter to me if they got mad or not.. The bottom line is this.. There are things I would not say to my child, and I would never stand by and allow a family member to say those things either. If they have an issue with me not wanting them to speak that way to my child. That's on them and not me.. There's no reason for me to pussyfoot and worry about their feelings, if they had shown so little respect for me as to speak to my child in that manner.

I would simply tell them " I do not speak to my child that way.. And I will not stand by and allow someone else to.. So I'm asking nicely this time.. Please do not speak to my child that way.. :" If that made them mad. Then so be it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm with pixie
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Ummm... I'm not sure because it doesn't seam to me that you did anything wrong. You have a right to protect your child aand keep other people from saying hurtful things to her. She should not be telling your child to shut up. That's not constructive and won't help your child in the long run. I guess if they would have jumped down my throught without understanding and listening to me, I would have just up and left. And I probably wouldn't allow them to be around my child for a while if not until the matter is cleared up.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• agree with pixie
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• the only thing you can do is be honest you dont have to be rude about it but just let it be known that you're not going to tolerate certain behaviors from any of them, as an adult you have to set that guideline and if they cant respect that then they can step off
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Pixie said it best
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010