How do I get her to eat more veggies?

My daughter flat out refuses to eat her peas and green beans but loves to eat fruit. Should I try to get her to eat more peas and green beans or is she alright? I know it sounds dumb but I am new at this! LOL
Mel

Ginger-Snaps

Asked by Ginger-Snaps at 4:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't force the foods she doesn't like. Are you doing commercial baby foods? If so try some of the sweeter veggies like the carrots and the sweet potatoes. Every so often my DD will eat the peas or the green beans, but it is kind of a toss up as to whether or not she will. But she will always clean the bowl of carrots, squash, mixed veggies, sweet potatoes and corn.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• How about trying things like broccoli with a little Italian dressing or Beans, Black Olives, Chic Peas or cucumbers? Does she like any of those things???

eating

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 4:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• fruit should be fine thye wont miss out on things from vegies if you give them plenty of fruits - but my dd will eat carrots, or broccoli stems before she will let me put peas in her mouth -

my dd also prefers to eat corn on the cob rather than off the cob
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008