How early to get start to plan holidays?

I see people saying they are buying Christmas gifts already. A friend of mine bought all her Halloween costumes back in July. I guess I am a late planner, lol. I haven't even thought about Halloween yet :)

Charmom2

Asked by Charmom2 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm working on Christmas.... but it is just about right around the corner. :)
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 4:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• WOW. I really messed up my title there. lol

Charmom2

Comment by Charmom2 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I need to start like yesterday getting my Christmas cards ready.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I will be starting this weekend finding a few things for Christmas, but mostly giving out cookie baskets for family and friends again
    this yr...
    As for Halloween, I have a few decorations up and will be putting more up this weekend and hopefully have all of done by the 10th (Halloween) then I will start planning how I am going to decorate for Christmas and also all of the dinner plans etc...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I make Halloween plans around the 4th of July (which happens to be my least favorite holiday). I don't have a lot of planning to do for Thanksgiving - every year since we got married I've been stuck with my MIL. Christmas is the same story, but for that holiday I do plan celebrations for our family that I can enjoy. My Christmas plans start mid October, but this year I've already gotten a few Christmas presents stashed away.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I WISH I could be started on Christmas! I was one year.... it was great!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 8:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think giving out baskets is a good idea too, it makes the occasion easier to accomplish
    jen4u

Answer by jen4u at 4:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010