Is CafeMom ..

Anything like Baby Gaga? I had to leave there because I just could not believe some of the stuff that happens there! People are so mean, and they think it's alright that it's pretty much a jungle! I was actually told that I have to "defend" myself and if I didn't fight to the death I wouldn't last. Sorry, but I joined a site to talk to other expecting or already Moms and I didn't want to fight with everyone! You ask a question, and no matter what it is, SOMEONE finds a way to bash you and scream. You show someone proof of an answer you give -- and it's still no good, you're still an "idiot" because you haven't been a member long and this person has more posts than you. UGH! I couldn't believe it. They kept bashing this site, saying to go to CafeMom if I wanted "nice" people, so I DID! :)

NMRx

Asked by NMRx at 4:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in About CafeMom

• You get the bad with the good around here. Just watch what groups you join...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• there are good and bad people - but you can ignore the bad...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• And most of the bad most anonymously, so I will often times just skip over those answers.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• But htey only answer anonymously in the Question threads. You get to see them in all their miserable glory in the group posts.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Unfortunately, here like anywhere else you get the good and the not so nice. Key is to shrug the not so nice ones off and don't let them get to you! By the way, WELCOME!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 5:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I didn't realize how weird the dancing banana would look! lol
    hibicent

• haha! to the dancing banana reply. um to the question, i was a little surprised at some of the rudeness when i joined recently. i'm going to give it a try, though.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Hi NMRx,

If you see something on CafeMom you feel violates the Community Guidelines, please use the "report this..." link on the post. If you're in a group, that report will go to the group owner. If you're outside of a group, that report goes to the CafeMom Team. We will review the post and take appropriate action if necessary.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:35 AM on Oct. 30, 2008