Has anyone felt pelvic soarness?

I'm 23 weeks and for the last 3 days I've had soarness in my pelvic area. It feels like I clenched something between my legs for a long period of time. When I sit for a long period of time (like @work) and I get up to walk I have a hard time walking same thing happens when I've been lying down for a while. I've tried walking, it works for a little bit then it comes back. I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt this before.

CEstrada

Asked by CEstrada at 4:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep, I'm farther along than you though. My doc said it's our pelvis moving apart to allow the baby to pass through. It SUCKS!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yep. Google "pelvic girdle pain" it is common and it sucks! I too am 23 weeks along and have had this pain for the past three weeks. I even brought out my crutches because it will get so bad that I cannot walk on a certain side.

Ahhhh... the joys of pregnancy.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I had the same thing, but not until the last two and a half months of being pregnant. I use to say it felt like I had run a marathon or like someone was prying my pelvis open! Mine did not go away or get better until birth... ( I also had a ten pound baby though...)
    Good luck!
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 5:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm 31 weeks and it's just started bothering me. I always feel like I've been doing inner thigh exercises for a few hours. My hips are starting to hurt at night as well. It annoying...but I'm guessing it goes away after the baby gets here =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008