Any single moms out there in the dating world? What kind of men are you finding? How do they feel about your kids? Are they ready for a commitment, or would they rather waste your time because they enjoy hanging out with you, they just don't want anything serious?

single mom, dating, men, sex, love

2breakaway

Asked by 2breakaway at 4:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Well, I have been there.. I was a divorced mother of two for five years. It is tough. I found nothing that I truly wanted in my life, if you want to know the truth. Most guys out there, especially divorced have more baggage than I actually wanted or needed. I stopped looking and finally found the right guy. It's tough. You have to have your head on straight and know what you want and what you deserve... Don't settle for anything less. Especially when your kids are concerned. Chances are they can judge whether the person is good for you or not... moreso, even than you can. Trust them. Don't ever make them feel like they are in the middle and you might choose the guy over them.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Being divorced with children is really tricky. you find someone you really like, and either your kids don't like him or he doesn't like kids, sad but Most guys are so selfish that all they want is for you to lay down so they can "Love you" what a joke. Settling down usually comes to them when they feel they are out of options honestly.They only want to hang out with you to kill time while their friends are out doing something else, or if you pay. The days of real men are over. People have stopped raising their sons to be Men's men. It is all about me now. I want a man like my grandfather and great grandfather who believed in taking care of family, They would protect their family and no matter what make sure things were taken care of! So unless you are ready to be a maid, cook and convenience don't worry about having a man!

1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 5:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• just was there like 10 months ago met a$$ holes and ppricks who ran at word of my son then i met my SO and he was so excited about meeting my son and he loves my son as if he was his own and now we are getting married and haveing our own in april
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I've been in the dating world for 6 months. I've had a few ass holes that thought it was fun to mess around, but didn't want anything serious because they didnt want to be around my son. The thing is you need to feel confident about yourself. You are a wonderful, single, mom. Who needs those jerks? You have your son or daughter to think about. Once you stop looking, you'll find someone. My boyfriend is my babys fathers friend.. awkward at first, but he knew that I had a son.. and that things were not okay with me and my sons father. my advice is to just be patient! jerks come and go, so go with the flow. then someone worth your time will come along.
    asweeney87

Answer by asweeney87 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I found someone by accident. We aren't officially dating yet, but it is definitely going that direction. He's kind, intelligent and supportive. My advice is to stop looking, and love will find you when it is supposed to.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 11:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Never put a man before your children. I am a divorced single mom. My SO loves my son like his 2.

A good way to find out if they are good for you and your children....plan family outtings with him and your children. If he loves it and has a good time, he would be good to keep around. Most guys that don't want anything to do with the kids and just want to get in your pants, wouldn't go on the outting in the first place.
    2003HotMomma

Answer by 2003HotMomma at 9:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well, I have been there.. I am a married mother of two for five years. but not with my husband we been apart for two year now he cames and see my childeren It is tough. I found nothing that I truly wanted in my life, if you want to know the truth. Most guys out there, especially divorced have more baggage than I actually wanted or needed. I stopped looking and gave up i can not find oneone that i want . It's tough. You have to have your head on straight and know what you want and what you deserve... Don't settle for anything less. Especially when your kids are concerned. Chances are they can judge whether the person is good for you or not... moreso, even than you can. Trust them. Don't ever make them feel like they are in the middle and you might choose the guy over them.
    Erica25800

Answer by Erica25800 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2008