Anyone ever had this problem?

A friend of my mother brought her kids over to my mothers house a few months ago then called a week later and said she took her kids to the Dr. for SCABIES now my little brother has it and so does my mom and dad. Anyone else ever had to deal with it? I'm posting anon cause its kinda embarrasing :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• Scabies are nasty and can be difficult to deal with..

Having scabie, is a lot like having lice all over your body.. Everything needs to be washed and treated.. Clothes, bedding...etc.. everything. There is a special medicated" bath" that must be used as well. Just like there is a special shampoo that you use for lice.

I have a dear friend who has worked in nursing homes/care facilities for over 20 years.. She's contracted scabies 3 times during those years.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yep my sister worked at a nursing home and was over watching the girls. It is gross and no fun at all.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had something similar happen, but not scabies, it was head lice. We used to baby sit my little cousins and my aunt didn't tell us they had head lice. So I brushed their hair with a hairbrush we kept in the bathroom drawer that we all used, we all got them and that's when my aunt decided to tell us. It was also gross and embarrassing ! Good luck I feel for you!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 4:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010