Have you ever done anything (parenting, household, or otherwise) u learned from the Duggars?

I just negotiated a hotel room for the 1st time in my LIFE and was shocked as f#ck it worked. Jim Bob said they do it all the time so I just said what he says "is that the best you can do, can't you do any better"? and holy cow the total bill went down $80 (staying 2 nights, $40 a night) ... now if only I was debt free.....

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• i have learned one thing from the duggars......how important birth control is, cause hell no do i want 19 kids....and that it's really dumb to have all your kids names begin with the same initial
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The Duggars are a family that have 19 children and yes the mother delieved them all herself :) They are very religous, they homeschool the children and the girls wear dresses and have long hair. They have a TV show on TLC tuesday nights at 9.

I love them and i try to parent my kids the way they do they really inspire me to be a better mom and a better christian and i have uses some of their recipes too.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I haven't tried that on hotels , but I have done it . For ex. our T.V the box was kinds messed up , so I asked the sales guy if he could give us a discount for the banged up box, he agreed to 10%. I asked him if that was the best he could do and he ended up giving us 20% plus I secretly had a coupon for another 10% off...I got a pretty good discount in the end! LOL....in this economy...hey it doesn't hurt to ask! BTW, I do admire the Duggar's parenting skills, I think they are great parents!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 4:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Wow. 19......... More power to her is all I've got to say to that.. LOL

I haven't had cable/satelite in nearly 15 years, lol, so that's probably why I haven't really heard of them.. I mainly stream and predominately watch: foreign films, most tv programs I view are Korean or Indian, documentaries and the like..I've never been a "reality" tv viewer.. Well not much of a "tv" viewer in general.. lol

Man.. If they are able to live comfortably, and fully support a family that size.. They must be doing something right in regards to their finances :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We have their family rules on our fridge.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 4:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• who the hell are the duggars?
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 4:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Who are the Duggars?

Yeah I know, I could "Google".. LOL... I'm just feeling lazy.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• How awesome for you!!! Never saw that episode though....
    and P.S. Didn't know hotels would/could do that!! :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have learned how much I love my Mirena IUD.:)))
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• wow we just paid 191.00 a night and they said that was all they had, i wonder if it would work for me next time. glad it worked for you. where are you staying for 40.00 a night? geez 80.00 a night would be good.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010