Why do my neighbours don't have curtains?

There's a muslin family living across the street. They keep pretty much to themselves. The girl are wearing headscarfs yet they don;t have curtains or blinds or anything on their BATHROOM WINDOW! In the evening there's bright light and you can just watch everybody get undressed and hop under the shower. I don't even have to peak or anything, it's right across our living room window. You can't miss it. I find it really irritateing but I've got no idea how to tell them. Should I just write a complain to council?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Tell them anon or they will be very embarrassed!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Close your blinds/curtains!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• They probably don't realize that you can see in. I would write a short note and say that you don't mean to look in, but you've noticed that you can see into their bathroom at night. Then they can use the information as they want. My guess is that they will put something up.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Tell them. Why in the world would you go to the council, do you think they are doing it to endanger you or bring down your neighborhood.
    The council idea makes no sense.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Well one it wouldn't hurt for you to just close your blinds or curtains and not look. Two maybe they just havent thought about getting them. To some people it really isn't a big deal to have them on their windows and like another person said they may not realize you can see. If it bothers you that much write them a nice note like another one stated and see if it changes. If not, don't take this the wrong way but frankly it's really not your business if they do have them or not... you asked and that's all you should do.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Are they new to the country? I'd imagine maybe they aren't used to having soooo many windows? I'd offer some old blinds/curtains of my own as a kind gesture and hint hint maybe. Or slip an anon. note into mailbox
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would let them know before I go to the counsel.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Just write them a note and slip it under their door or in their mailbox as to not embarrass them I wouldn't go to anyone else

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:19 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would also slip them a note. If that doesn't work then maybe call police. Not 911 though. I am only concerned for other families with children that can see them.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 10:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Maybe they can't afford them right now, or maybe they are not aware you can see in. Maybe they are used to living in some hut somewhere and just need a friend to give them a helping hand as to what is going on. Do you ever speak to them?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010