What was the most usefull thing you took to the hospital with you and what was the most useless thing and why?

SarahMerritt_22

Asked by SarahMerritt_22 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• well pm me if you want to know what a doula takes in her bag, lol! it might be too long to post here
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• useful= my own pillow
    useless= lap top computer, they weren't allowed there.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Useful, my hubby! Useless: my makeup case! Too exhausted to use it!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 4:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Let's see... the most useful thing was definitely my own pillow and sheets... Those hospital pillows are awful and the sheets were scratchy. The most useless thing I brought was make-up... I had intentions of putting on make-up for all the visitors and pictures but in reality the most I accomplished, appearance-wise, was to make sure that my boobs weren't exposed when someone walked in or took a picture. LOL. GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS (I assume you are expecting)!

MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 4:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Useful = My camera. I feel naked without it!
    Useless = My cell phone. I really didn't feel like making the obligatory calls to people or answer the phone/texts, I just wanted to rest, focus on my new baby and be with my husband.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The most useful thing I took.... Hmmm, I guess it was my own pjs. I hate those stupid hospital gowns.
    The most useless things I took had to be my books and knitting. I thought I would get bored. No one ever told me I'd spend those four days gazing at my new daughter in awe.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 6:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• useful= SOCKS (my feet got cold)
    useless= clothes than I wore pre-prego (that didnt have elastic waists) haha
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Useful - slippers, I used them to squeeze instead of crushing Kris' hands!
    Useless - makeup!! I could care less at that point, and no one else seemed to notice that I went without mascara!
    BDein1120

Answer by BDein1120 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2008