whats the most romantic thing your better half has done for you.

Any lucky ladies out there with major romantics in their lifes.

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 4:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• actually ... he has done a few really amazing things. There's this restaurant I'd ALWAYS wanted to goto but was worried I'd be shy/nervous in 'cuz its kinda fancy. So he picked their least busy time of day and rented 1/2 of it for us so we had complete privacy. It was insanely romantic.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Early in the marriage (our third or fourth year) I was pregnant with our second son. My husband was away at basic training and AIT (Advanced Individual Training) with the Army. My fingers swelled up so I wore my wedding rings on a necklace. One day the necklace broke while I was walking to town an I didnt notice until I got home. My brother was able to find my engagement ring (squashed but otherwise ok. ) He wasnt able to find the wedding band. I was devastated! I cried for days on end. When my husband was able to come home on a short break, we went to Walmart. for whatever reason. Remember those braided bracelets and rings you could get in the bubble gum machines? We didnt have much money but he did have a quarter. He bought me the braided ring and placed it on my finger till he could get me a new wedding ring. I still have it after 17 years.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• he's done several..two that come to mind happened when i was pregnant: he shaved my legs for me when i could no longer reach them, due to huge belly! LOL!..and also, when i had problems with my feet, due to swelling, and complained too much about not being able to buy cute new shoes, he bought me a very nice white-gold chain with a pendant of a diamond stiletto. its a little 'girly' for my taste, but the thought behind it spoke volumes...it also tells me that he still thought i was cute and sexy..when i definitely felt like crap.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The first year I was married my husband went on and on about not being able to get me anything special for our first Valentines day but he actually had plans. He had his family watch our daughter, took me out to my favorite restaurant and presented me with the most beautiful jewelry. I was shocked and I just felt like a princess the whole day.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• WOW is all i can say LOL
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 5:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• awww such sweet hubbies:)
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nothing, he feels paying the bills is enough.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• This many sound corny. but I was having a really bad day one day. So He took my son out, & while I was in the shower he came home & had three beautiful rose bushes sitting in the kitchen waiting for me. They were soo pretty. & He did it just because. =)

Its not very romatic & Im okay with that. & He wont just buy me flowers because I have this thing, don't bring me flowers to show me you love me, because flowers die & our love shouldn't ever die.

He does alot of great things for me, but the thing with the rose bushes just stands out the most.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• awwww my bf does that for my birthdays, he plants me a rose bush, Ive 4 so far and every year they get bigger with more roses. Again his not a huge romantic cos work and the rest get in the way but its the small things that make it lovely.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Dawn. My hubby does it every mothers day, & our ann. too. If my mom in law didn't kill two of them on me.. ((Long story short I went to az & begged her to remember to water my roses at night. She forgot. They were really weak from being moved, that they didnt make it.)) I would have a total of 13 different color rose bushes. I like hybred teas, What kind do you grow?
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010