What can I do with this plant?

I am not sure what it is. It is a houseplant though. It just doesn't seem to be doing well. This past week, I gave it some plant food, but it's continuing to droop and not look so healthy. I've had it for about three years and it's about 7" tall if that helps.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 4:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you don't know what it is, it's going to be hard to know how to care for it. Plants differ markedly concerning how much light and water it needs. It could also need to be repotted if you've had it for three years. It could have used up all its soil nutrients. You can be over watering or underwatering. It may need more light or less light.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It may be out growing its container and may need to be transplanted to a new larger container. But be careful it could put it into shock.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If it has been in the same pot for 3 years - it needs a new pot.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Take a picture. cell phone or whatever and go to the local nursery.
    If it has been in the same soil that long, it likely has depleted the soil nutrients.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010