Castor oil

(Please do not answer my question if you only have negative things to say)

Question:
Have you ever taken castor oil to induce your labour? Did it work, and how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope, never did that.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 4:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had a friend who tried it and no it did not work it just made her sick.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It isn't recommended. About all it is good for is giving you the runs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my best friend tried it. all she did was throw up and get the runs. it didnt put her into labor though. she tried it with all 3 kids and it never worked.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• nope never would never thought about it babies come when theyre ready i agree with anon it just gives you the runs and can also cause problems
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 5:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would suggest instead having your cervix sweeped that worked for me I was too nervos to do castrol oil because I heard it can make you sick
    Clorise

Answer by Clorise at 5:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• *You asked about experiences and outcomes--- that can be VERY negative. !
    So you don't want to hear truth?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Don't use castor oil! They cause cramps not contractions! So unless you want to have pain and no gain avoid this home remedy. I used evening primrose oil and black cohosh in an attempt to avoid my 2nd induction. All it did was give me contractions 10 min apart all night which then stopped in the morning. I stopped taking those dumb supplements and went into labor the next day. Good Luck inductions are horrible so I can understand why your trying home remedies. But I've heard it also gives you diarrhea. Try walking to induce labor. And I've heard sex can speed things up....Can't hurt to try LOL
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 6:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I did with one of mine, and it didnt work! I am on baby # 5, and the best thing is to get you membranes sweeped regularly! I was trained to do it myself, and have put myself into labor every time! GL!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You must be at that overdue, will try anything stage (:
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 7:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010