Do you take care of the money & bills, does your husband or do you both do it?

If you take care of it how does he handle that & how does he get money for himself or things he needs if he does it how do you handle it getting the things you need or if both of you do it how is that split up?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• i take care of the bills and keep track of the money. my husband hates doing it, so i do it.

we have a joint account, so if either one us of need something, we just buy it. we each have a debit card we use. however, it the purchase is big, we discuss it first.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 4:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I take care of the bills he takes care of spending the money then I clean up the mess at the end of the week because he can't seem to manage money.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My husband works. I've been a stay-at-home wife and mom for 38 years. We have a joint checking account, and I pay all the bills. We go to the bank together once a week and get enough cash for each of us to last for a week. This has worked well for us for almost 46 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Our accounts are joint.
    I pay all the bills and take care of the finances.
    He uses cards and I pay them off monthly.
    When he or I have or need cash we just take it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my hubby makes the money ,i pay the bills,groceries and we both have debit cards so we can buy things we need, we talk about big purchases before making them, also we agreed to never fight about money, if one buys stuff and spends to much we just work it out together ,
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 4:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I do mostly because my DH prefers for me to take care of bills/banking.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I take care of it all but we spend 3-5 minutes a night discussing it. He has a lunch/pop daily budget for at work each day.... he knows to either ask or at least tell me if he's gonna exceed it. Anything major we discuss beforehand and if we're doing anything like eating out, a date night, hotel, etc etc I have him check my banking work to make sure I didn't miss anything. For the 1st time in our almost 7 yrs of marriage he has a fixed income no sales, commission, etc so the budget has never been less ugly. We're still dirt poor (his income plus my disability benefits) but at least I can count on what $$ is coming in each month.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I take care of everything
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• dh takes care of the money. we have a joint account though so i have access to the money if i want or need something. and i always know how much we have, i dont like being in the dark about the money.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Our bank takes care of if for the bills that have the same payment each month. Make sense? But our utilities, he just hops onto the banks website and pays them. But I know what he pays, since I open the mail.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010