have you ever traveled overnight on the Amtrack train?

if so, what was it like?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Travel

• its comfortable,they sell food & stuff.
    if your with kids its a great experience they can look out the window and see the beautiful landscapes
    my dad used to take me when i was younger i loved it & i love it now
    Lovehurts1

Answer by Lovehurts1 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have and I loved it. There was maybe 4 people in tehe same area as me...it was nice. it is Better then greyhound bus!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• *in the same
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i did i took a trip to NY and it was around a 22 hours trip. it was nice but i found it hard to sleep. its beautiful this time a year you get to see everything changing! if i was you take a blanket and a pillow! i didn't go when i had my daughter so i don't know what to suggest about that but make sure you take plenty to do!
    autumnsmommy721

Answer by autumnsmommy721 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I liked the train ride itself.....Chicago to Denver, beautiful scenery, but we didn't buy a sleeping car and had to sleep in our seats and wash in a space about 2ft by 2ft. That part I didn't like. But from what I saw, I would do it again and buy a sleeping compartment and then I think you will be just fine!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 5:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I rode the autotrain back in the late 70's from Virginia to Florida, we had the sleeping compartment and our pets rode too...wastnt too bad got dinner in the dining car, walked our dog around 2 in the morning at the water stop...semi well rested for the last leg of the drive to Panama City florida...our cars rode too......
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No but I would like to try it !
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, but there's something romantic about trains. Maybe all the old black & white movies post WWII era that I've seen!
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 1:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Loved it, went from Tucson to Emeryville, Ca in August. Chose not to get the sleeper and it was fine, the seats recline and a foot stool so comfortable. Took my own pillow and blanket and glad I had them. Train was a little cool at night but ok.
    What a way to see the USA..... beautiful traveling along the Pacific coast, surfers, campers, dolphins and just gorgeous.
    Took most of my food but went to the dining car for dinner and it was a wonderful experience.
    No negatives for me but I love an adventure and would do it again and planning my next trip.
    Met so many nice people, took laptop and watched a movie, read, slept and spent several hours in the observation car.
    Rates were very cheap.

Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No but I'd really like to, especially if I can afford to get a sleeping room.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010