im looking for a 65lbs carseat for my soone to be 4yr old

will this one work to keep her in a 5 point harness it just says 20-100 pounds doesnt give detail not that i can see

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4319493

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 5:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That seat goes up to 50 pounds with the harness and then you must remove the harness and use it as a booster. If you are looking for a seat with a 65 pound weight limit I would try the Graco Nautilous.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 5:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Britax will be your cheapest option for 65+ pounds
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• nope, nautilus is only 65 pounds!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• cant afford a 200 dollar carseat cant even affrod a 100 dollar carseat ive looked in the graco nautilous
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• that evenflo u gave the toysrus link for only does 5 point harness to 50 pounds. up to 100 pounds is car belt only, no 5pt
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• In that case this seat will be your best bet.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 5:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nautilus is out, I have two and they're only 65 pounds. If you cannot afford a Britax then you'll want to research the best of the best of the best boosters. Graco Nautilus was made for the budget minded safety concious mom. But there's nothing cheaper in a 5pt harness.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• this seat and the nautilus have the same harness height, so it depends on your childs weight, but most kids outgrow the maestro or nautilus by height rather than weight...remember the harness must be at or above the shoulders when front facing. From what I have heard the maestro also makes a great booster when it comes that time. I have a nautilus for my soon to be 4 year old and at only 32lbs she has tons of room left to grow, my 7 1/2 year old could still be harnessed in the nautilus and since they have the same harness height im sure he would fit in the maestro too. If this is what you can afford I think it is a great choice for you. If you still have questions talk to the ladies in the carseat safety group.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• oh and the maestro goes to 50lbs harnessed and the nautilus to 65lbs...but like I said most children will outgrow the harness by height first.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010