Mini Pill and EBF

I am EBFing my son (he's 2 weeks old) and I just started my mini pill birth control. I know when you EBF you don't ovulate (although, I know that's not always true) but does taking the mini pill make you ovulate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Too soon to start any form of hormonal birth control! This could cause you to lose or decrease your milk supply. Baby needs to be AT LEAST 6 wks old before starting this!
    "For most mothers, progestin-only forms of contraception do not cause problems with milk supply if started after the 6th-8th week postpartum and if given at normal doses. However, there are many reports (most anecdotal but nevertheless worth paying attention to) that some women do experience supply problems with these pills, so if you choose this method you still need to proceed with some caution. "
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i took that pill after 6 weeks and it helped my supply and i didnt get my period back until 6 months later. i would still use a condom tho just in case! so i would so no it doesnt make u cuz everyone's body is different.
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would definitely not start with the bc now. It will cause a drop in your supply and your supply is nothing to fool with at this age. You also are not suppose to have relations until after the 6 week mark.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I took that starting at my 6 week check-up. I had to wait till 6 weeks because it could affect my milk supply. I had no period. I still used condoms though b/c I am paranoid that way.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The mini pill can stop ovulation for about 50 percent of users, but does not induce it. Per the info packet on my mini pill.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010