Is this to young................

I just let my 11 year old DD start shaving her legs yesterday.

Is this to young.

jenhen12

Asked by jenhen12 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think i was 13, but I don't remember for sure. Once she starts, she will have to continue. there is no real right age, wnatever is right for you guys for whatever reasons. I know that my son will have to start shaving his face early because he already has a pronounced mustache at 7.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I started sneaking around doing mine at 11...didn't have "pernission" until I was 14..Mom was truly clueless sometimes
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My daughter will be 10 in December and this past summer I started letting her use veet..She is hispanic and has very thick dark hair on her legs. She expressed to me that it made her embarassed and uncomfortable at school.

I don't think theres anything wrong with it.
    kristine1218

Answer by kristine1218 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I secretly started shaving mine at ten because my parents wouldn't let me. I had horribly long nasty hair and it was VERY embarrassing. I think people would've called me a freak if I wouldn't have taken action and stolen one of my mom's razors. I don't regret doing it then...I mean, I've had to do it ever since, and I don't remember ever not having to shave my legs...so what does it matter? Especially with little girls starting puberty earlier and earlier, I think shaving their legs at a younger age is becoming necessary.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't think so, I started @ 12, the same x I started my period.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• We got my DD an electric shaver for her 10th bday.
    She can't cut herself, and it makes her feel less self-conscious.
    No, it's not too early.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 9:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Is she of darker skin tone? I started shaving at 10...without my mother knowing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• This just came up for us, my stepdaughter and daughter (11 and 10) were told not yet by me and hubby. Stepdaughter went to her Mom's and her mom let her shave!!! I was so furious. What else is the Mom going to say Yes to when we've already said NO. And my stepdaughter told her we said no.
    My feelings are this...if the girls are responsible enough to shower daily, brush teeth well, get up with their alarms, etc. then they are responsible enough to shave sometime in middle school. And I would factor in changing for PE, how hairy, color of hair, etc.
    tomsbride

Answer by tomsbride at 5:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008