Working while pregnant

With my first baby I was working in a very labor intensive job. I had a helper to carry things for me but he was a crack pot who tried to get out of his job as much as possible. Needless to say I was lifting a lot. I worked up to 2 days before I was due then took my leave because I was having a lot of braxton hicks and thought it would be any day now. I was wrong! I went a week and a half more until I had to be induced. With this baby I'm sitting all day, so baring any medical issues I expect to be at work till labor. You?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 5:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If I would get pregnant again I would work until at least the sixth month. I am a supervisor at a UPS hub, and don't have to do much heavy lifting, although I am climbing up and down ladders all day. I occasionally have a box fall on me, or have to load a truck (which is up to 70 lb boxes)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• well with my first i was working about 60 hours a week as a medical assistant and she was born 3 weeks early, with my 2nd i was a sahm and didn't do anything much and he was born 4 weeks early
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I worked until 28 weeks with both because with my job I had to drive and dr said to stop at 28 weeks so I put my notice in like 3 months in advance.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My vacation leave and sick leave where my maternity leave, so every second counted. I have a very physical job and was able to do it till about two weeks before the babies where due. Then I was inside the office and bored to death. I went all the way with dd, had her on my day off. Son was induced and I worked till the day before I had him.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I worked up until the month before i was due and that was only because I couldn't keep up anymore. I had a physical job that had me standing all day and moving things around. When my son was born I had a sit down job and worked up until I had the baby.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You know when I went to tell my boss that I was taking medical leave the woman had the balls to tell me Native American women worked in a field, had their baby and went right back to work! lol. I could have slapped her then and there if I didn't need the damn job!
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Im a SAHM, so dot know! GL tho!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• With my son, I worked at a preschool. It wasn't very intensive, but my boss did not like it if she ever saw me sitting down and scolded me for doing so. I had bad morning sickness for the first trimester and half of the second, but worked through it. I worked up until a month before my son was due. Although my son ended up being born the following week, a month early. This time around, I'm a stay-at-home mom. I only work one day a week as a housekeeper for my parents.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 6:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I was at work a day past my due date!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I worked until Friday the first week of August 2009, and had him on Monday... Made everything go by quicker and smoother :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010