Great My DD.........

Just came in and told me her waist is hurting like crazy,and she has a headache.

Is she getting her period?

If she is I haven`t told her about them yet. REALLY HELP ME LADIES, what should I say?

THX for the help. :)

jenhen12

Asked by jenhen12 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would talk to her about it for sure...I started my period at 11, and thankfully I knew about them because I probably would have been seriously freaked out about randomly bleeding from my vagina if I didn't know what was going on...and I probably wouldn't have told anyone either out of fear and embarrassment. Even if its not what it is this time, you probably don't have a lot of time left.

The only other thought I had is to make sure she isn't constipated...that can cause a lot of cramping too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i would talk to her about getting her period ... she needs to know!!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• First..tsake her temperature...make sure she doesn't have pain only on the right lower quadrant of her abodomen. If no...talk to her right away about her periods. Girls are starting younger and younger. We, as Moms, have to stay on top of it so our children aren't caught unaware.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It could be a virus, but I'd take the opportunity to tell her about her monthly friend. That way she's prepared if its now or later.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 7:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i would!

my mom obviously forgot to have that talk with me,
    and i was at the beach w/ my aunt and cousins , and they noticed i had started.

so needless to say, 10years old bleeding out my vagina = a freaked me.
    dddebrababy.

Answer by dddebrababy. at 2:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Definately.She really needs a talk.They start very early these days.it is a scary situation not to know what to expect.i didn't know when i was younger.It happened and i was scared.She needs to know everything that comes along with it.
    cherrybomb814

Answer by cherrybomb814 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes talk to her I have already told my 8 year old somethings about it that way we have a few years to talk about it it can be scary. what if you got  up one day at 11 or 12 and had no idea what was going on that would be so scary.

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008