What do you do when you get so upset!!!!???

I don't get it my dh got so upset with me bc I spent $99.36 on clothes for my dd and something for me I mean they were on sale and I couldn't pass it up. But yet his ds (my ss) comes over for the wkend and takes him to go get a haircut 18.00, buys him shoes 80.00 he is going to go half on something with his mom 50.00. I don't mind nor do I care he is suppose to buys stuff for his kid I just hate that he got mad at me for spending money shouldn't that kind of be the same thing? I guess I just didn't want to hear it now he is really making me feel bad and we also have a small petty cash (50.00) and he wants me to dip into it to give to my ss (20.00) I don't get it.
I am thinking so hard on this and I know I will come up with a good answer for me to help understand my dh.
JUST VENTING...UGH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• He is being unreasonable. They are both his children. If he continues to show a preference..your daughter will notice and it will make things miserable. You two need to talk about this when you are more calm. Ask him to explain why HIM spending on the boy is okay but not YOU spending on the girl. Did you buy anything frivolous, or was it all 'needed' stuff?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• OP here: I am a sahm I guess I need to get my butt out there so I won't feel like I am spending HIS money this is how he makes me feel :(
    he takes good care of us but I guess he does this to his older son bc he rarely sees him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Did you spend it w/o him knowing ahead of time. My DH would freak if I did that. but he also doesn't spend that much w/o me knowing first (and I am a SAHM) too. We just have a deal w/ discussing $ we spend.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 6:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• OP: Yes I did bc I thought we were ok I know that I should have checked with him first :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It is being unreasonable and controlling. If he can spend more on his son, you can spend money on your children. What is good enough for one child is good enough for all children. As for you feeling bad that you are spending his money, STOP!! Your job is being a mom to his children, when you got married, the money became YOURS as in BOTH of yours. It sounds like he is being a bit emotionally controlling if he makes you feel bad for buying your child clothes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• May he just wants you to talk to him 1st or something like that. When men make the money its always an issue when you spend but they dont have a second thought when they spend.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Why are you giving this much though? Understandable that he's being unreasonable BUT ignore him. If he can spend what he chooses on his son, then you can spend what you choose on you and your dd. I would overlook it and continue doing what I do without regards to him being upset about it.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• This is why I use cash. I get a certain amount of discretionary income money out in cash every month and I don't ever tell him what I spend it on. It is not his concern as long as I stay with the budget.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Take a Klonopin.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's one pit fall of being a SAHM..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2010