• In the Spotlight:

is porn cheating?

If you are in a SERIOUS COMMITED relationship (married or not) do you think porn (used by him or you) is cheating? Why or why not

bigtrucksgirl

Asked by bigtrucksgirl at 4:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• IMO, cheating is when 2 people actually have sex or foreplay. Thats me. When porn is in a relationship, it does hurt a person unless both agree on it, but, its not cheating because no one actually had sex outside the marriage or relationship.Some people get upset when they don't feel quite as sexual as porn stars or quite as beautiful. Not all will agree, you will see.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I dont think it is cheating I have never seen a person yet that could screw a movie,magazine or computer but hey that just my opinion.....I am very secure in my relationship....
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 5:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• it depends on your agreement between each other. i dont think its cheating but it may lead to that. its also disrespectful if you dont want him to do it and he does it anyway.
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't feel its cheating, it is like watching tv you will never meet that person so how I view that is it never hurts to look at the menu as long as you go home to eat! Don't you ever see anyone on the street attractive and think "Dang!" is that cheating no its called being human you have control over your actions.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 5:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• NO way! The only way I could compare that to cheating is if it is a very serious porn addiction that affects your relationship. Having an addiction is in a sense like cheating (it takes you away from your family responsibility -- choosing the drug over everyone else). But simply watching porn is definitely not cheating. Sometimes it can even make your sex life in your relationship healthier!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• DH and I have gone back and forth. If it's together, or one is "getting warm" for the other, I see no issues. My DH would sit up looking at online porn though, while I was sleeping alone, feeling lonely. THAT, I had a problem with. I guess it depends on who's using it and why?
    LiteBrite415

Answer by LiteBrite415 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Nope, i dont think porn is cheating. No matter what the situation of the relationship. My theory is, look, dont touch, and then come on back to me.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• no - if he asks me to get "busy" and i am not in the mood then he should be able to occupy himself , and the other way arround
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes, its cheating, the bible says that its a sin for a married man to lust upon another woman......just my opinion!!!!
    Anonymous

• I wasn't saying it is or it isn't Im just curious how other people view it!
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 5:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008