Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitting and taxes

If you made 3500 for the last 4 months of the year on babysitting would you have to file that and about how much money would you have to end up paying back.....i have never had a job before so i have never filed taxes and i have my child to claim as a dependent too


Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I think if you earn anything over $600 for the year, you have to claim it. As far as what you will have to pay back, that will depend on your overall household income. If this is your sole income then you will probably get money back. If you husband earns $35,000+ then depending on how much taxes he has taken out, you may have to pay a certain amount back.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 6:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

  • Be sure that you have receipts & yes, it is if you earn $600 or more in a year

    Answer by jjk45xox at 8:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

  • You would have to fill out the self employment form when you do your taxes in April. Unless you're legal a babysitting business, then there's a different form.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010