Gestational diabetes and baby does not like meat and veggies...what will I do?

So I was just dx with GD Friday, will see the specialist next week. My problem is, I can not tolerate more than a few bites of meat or veggies with this pregnancy (first). I can easily eat fruit and carbs. I try to eat as much meat and veggies as I can, but it is not much. I know the first goal is diet control, but what will I eat?? What else do you ladies think?

VLozar

Asked by VLozar at 5:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Can you tolerate dairy - eggs, cheese, milk, cottage cheese, salads? Nuts? You can make some very healthy low sugar/carb meals with dairy products.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Dairy counts as carbs, so I still have to be very careful. I love skim milk-I even add ice to control the calories and get some extra water. Eggs, nuts, peanut butter-all make me nauseous and if I eat more than 1/2 serving or so I get sick. I do my best with salads, can sometimes (once every couple of days) make it through a small salad. Thanks for the post.
    VLozar

Comment by VLozar (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Even with GD you can eat dairy products. Yoplait Light has a bunch of flavors and they are so good. Whenever I want to snack on something I get me a handful of grapes. The main thing my doctor told me to watch out for was the sugar in different products. Splenda is an approved artificial sweetener but avoid aspartame and saccharin in most diet drinks and flavor packets for water.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Can you substite eggs for meat, or tofu? There must be a high protein alternative. A high protein bar or drink? What does your Dr say?
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 6:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010