Obsessed with ICE..help

my daughter loves to eat Ice, i know it can be bad for her teeth, but I have started to break it up for her so she is not biting down on it! Why in the world does she like ice so much. She has all of her teeth but her 2 year molars so could it be teething. She will scream to me ICE and if I don't get it she gets so upset....I mean it is ridiculous. So is Aspen the only one with a ICE fetish or what? obsessed

cchasser1

Asked by cchasser1 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is eating ice right now! It drives me crazy with worry, but it makes her so happy!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My son is the same way. It can be a sign of anemia, so you may want to have her checked. I know I get the same urges to chew ice as my two year old little man does, but my teeth are too sensitive. We both take iron-fortified vitamins, and if your DD is anemic, her pediatrician can prescribe good vitamins. Best of luck, with anemia and her teeth, lol.
    Anonymous

• As the ppsaid- ANEMIA! Is she getting enough green vegetables? If not, try giving her some polyvisol and the ice cravings will stop pretty quickly.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Teagen loves ice...it feels good to them....she's been eatin it since she was 10months old...i never thought anythin about it, but she loves the cold feelin and it's cheaper then buyin teethers half the time.....
    sweet_iowan_mom

Answer by sweet_iowan_mom at 8:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008