Can't get a job!!!

I don't get it. Why is it so damn hard to find a job? I either get scams or nothing and I've been persistent on calling. I know people who make $16 w/no school and I'm going to school plus I have a certification and I'm going no where. What the hell is wrong?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm in the same boat sista! Cant even find a 9-5 job for $8 an hour =[ Christmas is coming and I'm broke,hope the kids realize that times are hard.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Times are tough. Even if you do have a college degree it doesn't mean you will find a job:( We are taught to believe if you go to school and get an education you will get a good paying job and things will be great for the rest of your life! It just isn't true. Maybe with Christmas coming you will be able to find a temporary position at a retail store. Other wise look into a home based business. You can never get fired because you are the boss!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 5:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My family has this thing, you go to school, your life is great. BS!!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You don't have to go to school to recession proof your income. If you are motivated and can read, do simple math on a calculator, and keep good records....start your own business. Last I checked, sex is recession proof.

www.slumberpartiesbypolly.com

romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 6:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• http://www.howtoearnfastmoney.info/ lots of free ways to make money at home

Anonymous

• I hear ya... You just have to be persistant and cover all the bases.. If you have to get out and walk the town going door to door.. do so... Jobs don't come to you, you have to find one. I took one whole day and walked a block each day, until I found something. I wish ya luck.. If you want to work from home check out www.nicheaffiliates.synthasite.com
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Well let's see there are over 750,000 plus people that have been laid off and we are still counting. Plus everyone is looking for a job just like you. It will be difficult but just keep your head up and stay positive. Something will come.Oh and LaurenKaye...Your right. Education doesn't guarantee a good job.
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 7:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I know and I believe you. That's why I started a home business. I can't get fired. And I work the hours I can.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 7:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Its the economy and the upcoming election. Companies are freezing all hiring and waiting to see the outcome. Sucks, but its reality. I don't know what kind of employment you are looking for, but concentrate on companies that offer services that have been around for 100 years or more. those are the companies that will weather this horrible time. I know it sounds weird, but in this kind of economy they are the sound companies.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 7:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• http://website.ws/dashadegeorge08
    Anonymous