What is wrong with my second child? HELP!!!

I am so tired and stressed at this point with my second son. He is nothing like my first. He's ill tempered, never happy, cries 24/7.... I mean he is an overall bad baby. I love him with all my heart but I just don't know what to do or try with him anymore. Everything I can, I do for him, yet nothing seems to make him happy, and he's only 4 months old. I'm almost starting to wonder if he's not a colicky baby, but he doesn't cry like around one time during the day...it's ALL TIMES. Help somebody give me some answers as to what to do. I am to the point now where I am letting him cry it out alllll the time, because I refuse to hold him 24/7 or constantly keep him entertained. He hates the swing, hates the overhead hanging toys and playmats, hates laying in the floor on his back watching tv, hates laying on his tummy, hates the exersaucer, hates car rides, is impatient for a bottle or food, I mean you name it.

SuperbowlBoys

Asked by SuperbowlBoys at 5:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I left my answer in your messages cuz it is too much for here.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 5:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Aww don't call him a bad baby :-( Somethings obviously wrong and it's not his fault, nor is it yours! Have you talked to his doctor? Not all colicky babies cry just during a certain time of day..
    Anonymous

• i would talk to my dr
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• aww sorry cyndi! sometimes I just dont know what to do either. at times I just HATE letting Sid cry and cry and cry, but after trying everything, there's nothing else I can do! have you talked to the doctor? well... they don't KNOW your baby, so they can only do so much...
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Some babies are high-needs. My son is 8 months old and was like that. He still can be. It was helpful for me to use a sling or carrier to wear my son. At 2 months I started to alter my diet and realized that he had a milk allergy. Now I do not consume any dairy products. That has helped. I also took him to a chiropractor several times and still do for certain milestones. Other than that, I also belong to a group on here called Raising High-Needs/Spirited Children. That provides help and support. Get help from friends and family. Send me a message if you want.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 5:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• First of all, never call your baby a "bad" baby. That's just sad. Colic can come at any time of the day or night. Read The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp, it gives great suggestions on how to help your colicky baby. I have a real problem with the whole "good" baby, "bad" baby thing ... it just seems wrong.
    Anonymous

• that sounds just like how my daughter was & i hate to say it, but he might have colic. lorali had it for 3 months & i thought i was going to go insane! try giving him mylicon drops & if that doesn't help, tell his doc u want something stronger. that's what i had to do cause the drops just didn't work for her. i ended up getting some that seemed to help a little more than the mylicon & they made her sleep. other than that, she was crying all the time! i know what ur going through. hang in there!
    midnightraven06

Answer by midnightraven06 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008