To shave or not to that is the question.....

I wanted to know your ladies take on this topic. My sister and I were both preggers at the same time and toward the end of our pregnancies we both had a conversation about............ shaving your pubic area! When you go into labor and everyone is looking at your privates did you want to be cleanly shaven or all scarey down there? lol I know it's a weird thing to ask but I was so scared I was going to be all bushy and made my hubby "help" me and I just wanted to know if we were the only ones who thought about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol well with my first i never shaved down there before but i know when i cant reach anymore then thats it lol my SO isnt gonna do it for me thats just gross lol
    Anonymous

• Actually, the dr's don't really care how you look down there, it's going to be a nasty mess anyway LOL!
    Anonymous

• I didn't shave but I made sure I was neatly trimmed lol. I know doctors dont care...I do!
    Anonymous

• shaving makes sure you are clean in you need to be cut or sewn back up - its not necessary but they used to do it for you when you went in for delivery all scary down there
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• No, they don't shave you anymore.
    Anonymous

• I trim cuz its more comfortable for me. And I don't get yeast infections if I stay trim. It allows for more air flow. I don't shave cuz of ingrown hairs and the itchyness but I just take a man's beard/hair trimmer with a guard and do it like that. It works great. I did it for my birth.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 5:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't shave down there anyways so I don't start when pregnant. Hair is there for a reason so I leave it be.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I was in the room with my sister when she had her baby. And I'm pretty sure she hadn't shaved. But no one cared. That whole area does not look at thing like it does on any normal day so I wouldn't be worryin about lookin clean! Lol. I won't be shavin down there, how will you be able to bend over?! Lol.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I've been shaving my whole pregnancy anyway. My hubby likes a nice clean shaven area so he helps me out. I'm definitely going to be shaving for the big day too!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I wont even go to the OB without being shaved. So every visit, I shave. I dont like hair down there.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008