How can I stop the production of my breast milk adult content

My son is 10 months and I have been breastfeeding him faithfully and now i am to the point where they are to heavy. I am having horrible back problems and he has winged from it so this is the best time. But what steps do I take to stop the production?

AmberWalker41

Asked by AmberWalker41 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• it will dry up on its own i breastfed my daughtr til 2 months after she turned 3 (her choice) my milk is now just drying up
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It does it on its own. It can take up to a year to completely dry up.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 6:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I actually have the answer for you! I dont BF so what I do is, take 2 ace bandages and tie them around my breasts as tight as I can, leave a bra on under with cabbage leaves inside (prevents drying). Within 4 days you will be set!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I actually had to call my mom and grandmother when I was drying up. They told me to make sure I put nursing pads on to soak it up and get my dh to wrap me up as tight as I could bear it.... Then the next day my sinuses were draining.. horrible time when I was already hurting lol but I took some generic sinus congestion medicine and I guess it also helped with the other... It was between 2 and 4 days that I dried up. But when my mom had us.. her doctor gave her medicine to help her dry up. Remember every person's body is different! GL!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• once baby stops nursing milk stops producing, it will stop on its own hun
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:19 AM on Sep. 27, 2010