My H put Norton on my computer and it is now so slow. He says I need a new one with more cores.

or something. You have to understand that I know nothing about computers and my husband knows slightly more. Does this make any sense? Why in the world putting Norton on to protect slow it down?
Not sure what category to put it in.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 6:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Because Norton is a huge program that uses lots of resources. Anything that runs in the background (IE in that little tray on the bottom right) uses up system resources. Norton is a confirmed resource hog. There are lots of free and inexpensive anti-virus and anti-malware programs that offer live protection that aren't such hogs.

And really....Norton isn't even all that great at doing what it's supposed to do.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If Norton slowed it down, it could be that you don't have much memory left to swiftly run all the processes the computer needs to run.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sounds like you need more memory!

My hubby is a computer nerd and is anti- Norton. He uses AVG-- it's free to download.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• IDK... Just delete it...?
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 9:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010