for those co-sleeping mothers how did you get your baby to sleep out of your bed??

veronicamw

Asked by veronicamw at 6:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I transitioned our daughter at 4 months. I put her in a pack n play next to the bed, then moved it to the corner of our bedroom, and then moved the pack n play into her room. That process took us about a month and she did just fine with it.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 6:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sharing a bed is recommended for a minimum of 6 months (by the WHO, UNICEF etc.) as crib sleeping increases the risk of SIDS.

So, we share a bed for at least 6 months before starting to transition them. I would nurse and then lay them down in their bed. If they stayed asleep, awesome. If they woke up and cried, I picked them up. We never leave our babies to cry. I would try again the next nap or bed time. Eventually they get used to it. My son was about 7 months, my daughter was 11.5 months. My youngest is only 7 weeks, so we still have a few months before we start the transition.
    Randi02

Answer by Randi02 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I just started making him sleep in his crib at all times, nap time, and at night... so he got use to it. and if he cries, let him, just make sure he's comfortable and after some work, he will prefer his crib to anywhere else.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 6:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• mine daughter is almost 4 and i still cant get her out of my bed.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010