would you give these pictures back? I'm pretty pissed off.

my granny gave me some picture of Elvis Presley..original pics...she gave them to me a long long time ago. She has been down on her luck lately. I've taken good care of these pictures, as i have everything anybody has every given me.. (i treasure them)..we were looking at my things the other day and she noticed that i still had them and seemed to be in shock..she asked for them back. I told her no..that i was happy to have them and i care about them and i don't want them to be pawned for 100 bucks just because she has a nicotice addiction. Am i wrong? or should i give them back to her because they were hers to begin with?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• If she gave them to you as a gift then no I would not return them. If your mom or someone else just passed them down then I would.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• They were a gift to you. They are yours. I would ask her if she needed help financially and offer to buy her groceries/gas.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• dont qive her anythinqq. if she has an addiction & you know for sure then shes out of luck
    she cant expect to qive you somethinqq then ask for them back because she wants to support her habbit.!
    I'll Say HELL NO
    just like that
    Lovehurts1

Answer by Lovehurts1 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If they were a gift...no...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 6:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i wouldnt give them back, thats rude of her to ask for them.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• They were a gift and therefore, are yours. You are not obligated to give them and shouldn't feel pressured to do so.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Keep the pictures. You received them as a gift so now you are the rightful owner!
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i personally would feel terrible about keeping them when she wants them back. do you think it was rude of you to assume she was going to pawn them? or did she say she was wanting to?
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A nicotine addiction? If your granny is having a money problem I doubt it's due to nicotine. If she squanders her money on other stuff no they are yours to keep.. If she is a good grandmother and has provided for you over the years but fallen on hard times, you need to see if there is anything else you can do to help her without parting with the photos. If you do have to part with them to help a loving grandparent, so be it....
    Belle_25

Answer by Belle_25 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• she smokes a carton a wk...and she borrows money for it. (she is waiting to get disability income)...she is getting unemployment now, but not much..she gets a small check..and buys her meds, doc visits, cigs, lotto, ....she is always asking for money to buy cigs..i have refused but i did cave in last week to buy her 2 packs because she helped me so much. I didnt want to but she acts so pitiful. i cant stand it..its depressing. she acts like she cant function without them
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010