Does this make me a bad mother for laughing?

Earlier today, my son 18 and daughter 17 were playing soccer in the backyard and my daughter when to kick the ball and ended it hitting it right into where it counts on my son (the nads). My son had been talking a big game and making fun of my daughter for being just a weak girl and not being able to beat him at any sports. I felt bad for my daughter because he is usually better at sports than her, but when this happened its like the tables were turned and he was on the ground holding himself in pain. I felt bad for him because I know that had to hurt ALOT, but for some reason I just couldnt stop giggling. Boys just look funny after theyve been hit where it hurts dont they?

Does this make me a bad mother? for giggling at my sons "particular" injury? Looking for other mothers opinions that may have dealt with a son going through an injury to the nads.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• nope, i laugh my butt off too then i think to myself "why am i laughing?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• again? you posted this same question about 2 months ago...did it happen again? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i'd laugh too!!
    veronicamw

Answer by veronicamw at 6:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think it's horrible to laugh. Poor guy.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• In my opinion only, I think it was completely wrong for you to laugh at your son getting hurt that way. I don't care what he was doing to your daughter, he is still your son and you should apologize to him if he noticed you giggling. Us as women, only know what it feels like to give birth, but we have no idea how it feels to get kicked in the "nads". Yes, that was very very wrong.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think it depends on if the injury was intentional or not. My daughter is an aggressive athlete but I would never encourage hurting a boy or girl for sport..
    Belle_25

Answer by Belle_25 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yes, ANON...this is the same Troll that post's about her daughter or herself hitting him there and laughing...she come here periodically to post this same stuff and get everyone to answer. She has been doing this for a long time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think sometimes a person just can't help themselves. It may not be the best time to laugh at a given situation but for some strange reason you just do. I've done it in various situations and I really don't think it makes you a bad mother because something struck your funny bone.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• NO it doesnt make you a bad mom!!!!!!!
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would laugh...it does not make you a bad mom.:)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010