Any other wives?

Any other ladies on here have to ask for money from DH due to not having a joint bank account?

If so, how is that working out for you?

(asking b.c I am in this situation until I start my new job in 2 weeks and I have my OWN account. Blessed be! )

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 6:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• We also have a joint bank account. We work on a budget together that sometimes allows for his and her money for special occasions. Neither of us have to ask for the money. If it's in the budget we get it, if it's not, too bad.

I don't think that a parent child relationship is healthy in a marriage. Each partner should get a say in how the money is spent.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• he is the only one working so to say but every pay day he hands me the money to handle i pay off the bills buy the grocery anything needed around the house or for the kids rent me some movies and occasionally something new from the store then give him whats left to deposit into his account for gas cigarettes his after work beer and a lil savings to take the family out one day
    veronicamw

Answer by veronicamw at 6:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My Husband works out of State 2 weeks on/2 weeks off and handles the bills. I am a SAHM. He gets paid, and pays the bills, buys the diapers, etc. and then I have a budget of 500.00 per every 2 weeks. We save the rest and use it for date nights (once a month) and family outings...which are almost every day he is home. I dont mind it. If there is a large purchase to be made, it should be discussed anyway and I have everything else that I need and more.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 7:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You have to ASK for money? We don't have a joint bank account...it's in MY name, and his check gets direct deposited. I pay the bills, and then give him some money if we can afford it.

If not, he gets cash from when I work.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nope we have a joint acct
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nope, we have a joint account and he asks if we can afford for him to spend. Good Luck.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Its like that for us Lovin but, its reversed. He gives me something for the kids, if I ask once a week or once every other week, if he can afford the amount or I have to cut something out and let it go until next time.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We used to have a jnt acct when he was in the navy and made something. Now, his job is a bit above minimum wage and he has been there a year. He is going to start applying to federal jobs but, until then I need to work so I can have something of my own again...
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No. We have a joint account (I am a SAHM) and we have a budget that we follow. If there is anything extra that we need, we make sure there is room in the budget.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Wow... We do have a joint bank account, so whatever money is in there we have access to. Right now we don't have very much, so I have to ask him for cash cuz he's the one that has cash all the time.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 8:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010