Going Green?!?!?

Who is going green on here or is already green?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 6:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We are several shades of green. We recycle, repurpose, compost. We no longer get a newspaper and could conceivably have our trash collected only 1x a month with the can still being barely full. But we are kind of crazy, too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I kind of mint green.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've taken steps. My family makes fun of me, but it feels good to at least cut out some habits that I know to be wasteful and/or bad for the environment.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We are about a medium shade of green. I get points for recycling with our garbage company. I can cash those points in for coupons or gift cards, which I have used A LOT! ( They just started this in April of this year. ) I stuff that can with cardboard boxes that I get from work. Usually the lid will not close on that can! And we recycle pop cans that my one son has EVERYONE save for us. That money goes into a jar & buys a fast food dinner for the 4 of us once a month, sometimes I use a gift card as well from the other recycling!
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 7:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We are going all green! We do not use plastic or paper bags-only reusable ones. We recycle everything we can. Cut out waste where we can.  Unplug things when not in use(saved 40/month on electric bill), donate or re-use things, do not buy bottle water, have a filtered system, re-usable coffee mugs-even if we go to starbucks, etc.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We are very green
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Going green already and continuing to build on that thinking since there are many ways to go green.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I recycle & use cloth shopping bags. I guess that is as green as my family is right now. I dont use bottled water. I have a thing about the plastics we rely to heavily on.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 9:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• As much as we can.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think the whole thing is a crock of cow poop. I recycle to bring down the cost of products. I don't like to waste because it is not cost effective. But the products to buy.....no thank you. Some one is getting rich off me having to be "green". All it is is my green going from my pocketbook to theirs.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010