Am I being over emotional...DH feels he "did nothing wrong"-I disagree

Last night my DH told me he was going to have a beer with our friend (who is newly single after a 7 year relationship. We are both good friends with both of them.) I never tell him to stay home, I think friends are important and his friend needed him. Well turns out, it was a Birthday party for his friends Mom and all of OUR friends were there. I am pregnant and not feeling well but still, I was never invited. :( I dropped him off at friend's house at 8pm so I could pick them up later since I didnt want them drinking/driving. Well 11 o'clock rolls around and no word. I text him and he says he isn't sure what the plan is yet. drunk. great. They are going to close the bar down. I fall asleep and wake up at 2:30 with no missed calls or texts. I call him 3 times before he answers and he is at the friend's parents house with everybody partying in the shop. Still no end in sight. I tell him to stay the night CONTD

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 6:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't even have to read the cont part to know that I would be pissed off
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• at friend's house as I am not waking up my 2 year old and driving across town to get him at 4am. He shows up at home, tells me some chick gave him a ride home (who I have never met) and passes out. Turns out the chick is our friend's new girlfriend but still. I was livid. How selfish is that????? For the record, he NEVER goes out , especially without me. I am hurt, I feel like he knew all along it was her birthday party and told me that he and one friend were having a beer so he didnt have to inviite me. Plus he knows I am pregnant, sick and fighting off 2 infections and was planning on making me come get him so late. He is (right this minute) still maintaining that he did nothing wrong. Am I wrong?
    jenellemarie

Comment by jenellemarie (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Maybe it's me, but you knew where he was, you knew he was safe, you knew he wasn't out running around... What's the problem? It's not like it's somewhere you should have been if you're pregnant anyways... I don't see anything wrong with what he did.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• OK...even reading the rest of it I would still be pissed off

How would he feel if you did that to him?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i would give him a run for his money! what an ass. seriously.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No you are not wrong. He was being selfish, he's a grown man with a family......they should always come first.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The wrong part was that he didn't tell her it was a bday party and all of their friends were invited. He could have at least invited her weather she accepted or not.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• But I didn't know where he was or that he was safe. The bar closes at 2. I was planning (at that point) on picking him up at 2. He didn't even text to tell me he would be leaving, probably with a drunk driver and partying elsewhere. Not to mention I thought it was rude of him to expect me to come get him so late.
    jenellemarie

Comment by jenellemarie (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would be so pissed off! I think I would be spending some time at my parent's house and let him babysit the 2 year old! What was he thinking! Arrrrggggh!
    kbpegasus

Answer by kbpegasus at 7:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Well I see both sides, if I were in your shoes I would be upset, if I were in his shoes I see the innocence in it and just needing to get out but knowing you couldn't go out drinking, etc.. I say have your baby and indulge in a girls night out just for fun...
    Belle_25

Answer by Belle_25 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010