what would u do if hubby keeps saying this?

so one problem that i have w/hubby is , whenever i want something or want to do something, well let me give an example i say i want to go to school for this he says
no , i paid for my ex to go to schol for that it didnt do anything for her, or i wont buy u that cuz i bought my ex that n it didnt work, im the wtf? my ex's have done so many things n bought me many things that he says he wants to do or buy but i dnt tell him i went there already w/my ex or my ex bought me that before, i know he doesnt say it to be rude but iy does bother me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say "I'm not your ex.....obviously lots of things didn't work for her, that's why you're not together anymore.....I want a chance to see if they work for me".
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The ex is the past and would have to stay there if he wanted to be with me.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i'd tell him i won't buy him toilet paper bc your ex used it and it didn't do him any good, maybe he see what a ridiculous thing it is to say about one person
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• sounds like he is hung up on his ex
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My husband used to do that when we were dating. One day I reached my wits end and decided I was going to show him how it felt (since he never seemed to listen when I told him how it felt)... I got my chance the next time we went to the store... He wanted something and pointed it out to me and all I said was "I can't get that because I got that for my ex and it didn't work for him". For a moment he was really frustrated and before he could get really mad I told him "it doesn't feel so great to be compared to an ex does it" he told me no and that was the end of it... He has slipped up a few more times but has made a come back in a matter of moments... i think it is because he remembers how it felt even if he wont admit it :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 7:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think he needs to bring himself into the present time and stop dwelling on his ex wife. He's in a relationship with you now and it doesn't seem fair for him to keep bringing this other person up like that. I think I wouldn't want to keep hearing about someone from his past.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010