Do you feel that sex should be talked about more in the church?

And not just..."Dont do it!"...

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 7:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Church is the place of creation why not?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't think they need to talk about sex all the time in church. Is there something more specific that you want them to adress? I just personally don't think it's needed
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Well teen pregnancy in the church has gone up over the years. Married couples dont know how to satisfy each other. Maybe if we talked about it more.... Just asking
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think it would depend on the type of church. I'm not really sure (for example) a Catholic Priest would be the best person to teach sex ed... Sure they know HOW it works, but I can't imagine the majority of them would have the ability to honestly teach couples anything about satisfaction or technique...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If that's all that your hearing in your church is don't do it, then that's now the place that you want to talk about it. It's not about the church telling don't do it, they can't define for you what your doing and why. That's best left up to you and God, for real. The church can't generalize sex for anyone. Remember the one giving the sermon is just giving a message their not the message-er. Go to the higher source God for what you need for you. Their never wrong.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 8:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't have any desire to have sex be a topic of discussion at church. I'm not against sex-ed, but I don't know that the pastor/youth minister is the one to teach it.  As for adult classes, well, that's not a topic I want to discuss within my Sunday School class.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Personally no I dont.  I dont know about other churches, but at my church, children are usually present. I definetly do not bring my elementary school children to church for them to hear about sex -- we will later discuss that at home.

There are counseling centers people can go for things like that. It's nice for churches to have those centers as part of their church, but anyone is welcome to find counseling other places. Before I got divorced my ex and I went to marriage counseling at a counseling center. They were Christian based, but offered counseling in all type of areas including a counselor specifically to help with intimacy issues.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yes, it should be talked about more, and not closed out, but there is a age limit i think, it should be spoken to
    DWeitz

Answer by DWeitz at 11:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• how to maintain morals should be taught and that would mean talking about sex and should start in the youth groups
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do think it should be addressed in the adult classes. And have someone non judgemental for the congregation to go to with sexual issues in a marriage. It's part of a healthy marriage, I say yes.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2010