For those who read tarot, I have a questions about ethics/morals while reading

Just a thing I thought about asking your opinion about.

Do you personally think it is wrong for someone who reads tarot to set up a little "shop" on Halloween/Samhain and do readings for people, charging them a small fee (like $1 per reading, or something like that), but actually giving them a real reading and not just making something up to get money?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Nope. I worked at a few haunted houses were we had a reader... I see it as you are preforming a service, a service which someone could do themselves, I don't see anything wrong with charging...

I think as long as you're doing what they pay you to do - in this case the reading - and you let them know this is "for entertainment purposes" there isn't anything wrong with it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I personally think it would be better to set up a shop and let people donate... kinda like tips... then you aren't messing with the energy involved with it.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 7:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I am personally, ethically opposed to $charging$ and/or requesting $payment$ for any metaphysical services. Too easy for the Reader to, in a way, abuse the Querant monetarily.  (Like this guy.) 

Gratuity...that's a different story. Then the Querant is freely choosing what monetary gift (if at all) they wish to give. 

So in other words:  charging a fee = not OK, setting out a tip jar = OK

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• well I think most people who pay to get thier tarots read are just doing it for fun especailly if they are doing it on halloween for a dollar. You get what you pay for I guess.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nope why would that be wrong. I do have a problem with the make up ones though.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• tarot is entertainment. little more than that. I have no issues with someone making money off "fortune telling" for entertainment
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I dont see a problem with it
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 8:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010