Who said this? “Watch. We're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy,” And Why?

Why would Joe Biden say this? Does he know something we don't know?

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Here is the article if anyone wants to read it, he said it. Kindof a scary threat.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14801.html
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I was just asking my hubby about this. I am completely dumbfounded by the statement. The sad part is, I don't think it was one of Biden's typical gaffes (like when he told the man in the wheel chair to stand up), I think he really believes this. Wow, is pretty much all I can say about it.
    Anonymous

• gotta love the "bidenisms"
    Anonymous

• I mean isn't that kindof like saying here ya go guys got a weak one at the wheel. Go ahead and take your best shot.
    Anonymous

• It is a fact of nature in general, any time of transition is when the organism is at it's most vulnerable.

When a family moves from one house to another..(all belongings in one place = vulnerable)
    While giving birth to a child (vulnerable)
    Death of a family member (no emotional energy left to cope with other outside stimuli = vulnerable)
    While an army retreats..those leaving need protective cover b/c of being vulnerable.
    While a country changes leadership..you guessed it. It is a long known fact of strategy.

There is an upside to announcing it...now everyone knows. They know now that Obama knows. And we know that they know, and they know that we know, you know? :)
    This is somehow flushing out of hiding the 'hidden enemy'...we are now aware that Obama knows, and I'm sure his strategy is to be pro-active about it, and go out and about and shake hands with as many world leaders as he can.
    eyebyte

Answer by eyebyte at 6:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• LOL Cause he's a complete idiot. I don't think it was a gaffe, just something he really shouldn't have said out loud.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Anon 646pm, LOL!!! Thats a great one!
    Anonymous

• My DH brought up a similar point, OP The two candidates (Obama and McCain) are both preparing to take office because inevitably, one of them will win. Consequently, they're both receiving security briefs on what's going on around the world, along with Pres. Bush, in order to prepare them over the next few months before they take office.

I share a similar concern at this point, OP. Does Biden or Obama know something that the American public doesn't? We've had to learn the hard way from the current administration. Are we being lead into another international crisis and they're attempting to foreshadow something?

If not...then my opinion is that Biden is Obama's worst enemy.
    Anonymous

• Biden is always saying dumb things. Like when he said FDR was going on tv calming the people during the great depression. Duh it was Herbert Hoover and the tv had not been invented. He also said Hillary would make a better vp than him. Kind of scares you when he says that. We need McCain because of his experience and we don't need to have congress and the president to both be democrats. You have to have a check and balance. As for distribution of wealth that is socialism. Government runs your life. If you have lower taxes you have more money to spend on groceries, food, etc. This helps the economy to grow. McCain is notorious for getting things done because he reaches across the aisle and works with both parties and he hates waste in washington.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i love how only half of this quote is being repeated!
    he was referring to how jfk was tested--not by attacks on the us but by members of washington.
    the rest of the quote was assuring that obama 'has a spine of steel.'
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008