What kind of homemade gifts do you give for Christmas?

I love making homemade gifts. This year I am making the tied fleece blankets, and also I always bake things for my friends and neighbors. I just picked up a huge book of crafts (Michael's crafts book), and also another "handmade Christmas" type book for decorations and such. What do you like to make homemade either for gifts OR to decorate your own house?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 7:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I love to make kitchen bottles for gifts, either filled with colored and/or shaped pastas or filled with dried fruits and/or veggies and scented oils. I cork them with a decorated cork and tie them off with straw to match the gift giving occasion. After receiving them, I have had people ask to buy more for their homes or to give on as gifts. They are very cheap, easy and fun to make and can be extremely customized.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 7:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• This year I am making two crocheted blankets, a painting, and a wolf etching. I love arts and crafts of any kind... so it gives me an outlet :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 7:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• In a previous life, I was a home ec teacher. I use to do boxes of cookies, candles, jam, sweater sets, stuffed animals, etc. Now I am just too busy to do these things. I would like to start weaving again. I care for my 3 year old grandchild, manage our rentals, supervise repairs. No time. I think when I am 80 I will have time and energy. Love it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I try to sew something for the nieces and nephews in addition to for my own. The adults get yummy candy that I make.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• One yr. we made ornaments
    Last yr. we made stepping stones
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• jar brownies, hot chocolate, tea, cappucino
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't give out homemade gifts, but I receive a lot of them.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Just baked goods.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 8:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• None.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 8:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010