Question about roasted breast chicken with bone and skin

Okay I didn't follow a recipe, I just did what I remember seeing on the foodnetwork once. Someone stuffed lemon, butter and some spices inside the skin of the chicken, wrapped it up foil and let it roast in the oven. That is exactly what I did but how long should I let it roast if it's wrapped in foil?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 7:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's already been in for a half an hour btw.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If you have a probe thermometer, use it. Otherwise, poke it with a fork in a thick part. If it's clear/gold broth, you're done. If it's even a little pink, not yet. My chicken will take about 90 min @ 425* no foil. I always stick it with a probe before calling it done.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It depends on the thickness of the breast. If you do not have a probe, open it and slice it to the bone. Make sure it is completely cooked to the bone with no blood just juices.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I cook whole chickens at 350 for about 2 hours. I agree with PP that you need to check it all the way to the bone.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010