I'm having a really hard time getting my 2 month old to take a nap in his crib. But its only the afternoon nap that he has trouble with. All he does is scream no matter if he is out cold before I put him down. Any suggestions?

My son sleeps through the night great and then goes down for an afternoon nap really well. But the afternoon nap he screams his head off and he won't cry himself to sleep.

BittyV

Asked by BittyV at 6:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son doesn't sleep well by himself. I have to lay down with him and nurse him to sleep in the afternoon. Or I just put him in my sling and he sleeps on me. He is fine if he is with mama. Maybe that is what your baby wants. Try getting a sling. They are wonderful.
    Anonymous

• Strange isn't it.. They'll sleep there fine thru the night.. and even morning nap.. but not the afternoon. One of mine did this too.. I finally caved. It was in the crib or with me during the night, crib in the morning.. but the afternoon nap.. where ever they were at.. is where they stayed.
    Most of the time.. they would be laying on a blanket on the floor with their toys.. and they would fall asleep there.. and I would just make sure they had a blankey to cover up with.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2008