Does anyone have a recipe for stuffed manicotti noodles without ricotta cheese?

My husband does not like ricotta or cottage cheese and I have a whole box of manicotti noodles. Any ideas on a stuffing?

mykidsrockmore

Asked by mykidsrockmore at 6:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You could try a meat filling, like you'd use for ravioli. I would brown some ground beef with minced onion, season with oregano & basil, add parmesan, asiago, and romano cheeses, an egg, and some bread crumbs (Italian style if you don't have the oregano & basil), and maybe moisten a little with some tomato sauce. Then stuff the shells, pour the sauce over and top with more cheese.

Hope this helps :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I make stuffed shells that are always a hit. My stuffing is made from creamed spinach. Make a simple cream sauce (roux, cream, garlic, a little parmesean), and tons of spinach. The spinach makes us feel better about the cream sauce and the cheese....
    Dara.M

Answer by Dara.M at 10:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2008