How Can I Lose Weight?

I am currently trying to do workout videos, but i also have a 1yr old daughter who at the moment takes up a good bit of time. i am also a really picky eater any Ideas? And Please No Bashing

Glowey

Asked by Glowey at 8:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Change the actual amount of what you are eating. Keep moving with your little one, whether it is pushing her around or make it to the park.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• thanks i will do that
    Glowey

Comment by Glowey (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Any one that bashes you for wanting to loose wieght is a b*cth and shouldn't be listened to.

I think the best way to loose wieght and maintain a healthy wieght after you have achived your goal, is to make small changes, take baby steps that find up becoming healthier habbits, for example you could start by switching to the low fat versions of the things you normally eat, after that becomes a habbit, than start a new one, like takeing a 30 min walk daily, and so on. You wouldn't get fast results this way, but the will be perminate. It is much eaiser to stick with a plan like this, you won't feel so much pressure or like you're depriving yourself and end up giving up.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Weight Watchers is a good way to go, and it will get you out of the house 1 night a week for grown up time. :) Also make sure you are eating Enough of the good stuff. You have to eat to lose, but its what you eat and drink that makes a difference. It's all the little lifestyle changes that make the biggest difference. Good Luck!
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• thank you all see i'm wanting to do this because i wanna see if i can get a good lookin figure since i never really had one. and because i wanna make sure that i'm not letting myself get too big. and i have a lil 1yr old daughter that i wanna make sure i can keep up with and am trying to also find playmates for her so she can learn to be sociable and not get to comfy just being around me and my hubby. so all-in-all i think i also need a workout buddy to do some workouts with.
    Glowey

Comment by Glowey (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You can also take the baby for walks. I read pushing a stroller and going for a walk for an hour burns quite a bit of calories too. I am going to start taking my 3 year old for hour walks. I will also continue my other exercises as well lol.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• at home workouts during nap time or at night. maybe try going vegetarian for awhile, thats a great healthy way to try to lose weight. nothing fried, just baked or grilled. lots of water or crystal light. toner shoes are also great since you can wear them doing all the things you already do and get results.
    mrs.phillips123

Answer by mrs.phillips123 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yea im trying to do the at home video workouts im borrowing from my neighbor, and as for timing it depends on when my child goes to bed and for how long. as for night time when shes in bed for good i usually just try to relaxe if possible and not do daily housework. as for food And drink i'm very picky on that subject always have been a picky eater and picky drinker so it makes it that much harder for me to watch what i eat or drink or to change what i eat or drink
    Glowey

Comment by Glowey (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When my first son was around a year, I would just sneak in exercise whenever I could. I would do 30 crunches, he'd come over to climb on me, so it was over. About an hour later, I'd try to do some more...maybe 30 mins after that I'd do some calf raises while making his lunch.
    When he went to sleep for the night, I'd go run at least 2 miles every other day.
    You just have to jump on the opportunities when they present themselves.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yea guess i need to get my stubborn tush going on that
    Glowey

Comment by Glowey (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010