I have a 4 year old boy who is rather loud and crazy at preschool and at church any suggestions?

My little one is crazy he seems to just like to yell when he gets excited. He isn't being mean or anything like that just LOUD. He has a hard time listening and following directions. Does anyone have any tips ??? He seems to be louder and has a harder time listening than any other child and no he doesn't seem to have any hearing issues.

vaden_le2003

Asked by vaden_le2003 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wonder if he can be assigned some responsibility that would channel his exuberance. I'm not sure what. I was thinking his job could be handing around supplies, but then the other children might want to do it, too. Or maybe he can count the number of students. If it is that he craves attention, then this might help. If it is simply his exuberant personality, can you ask him to use his indoor voice, perhaps, and save the outside voice for outside.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• What form of discipline do you use with him? I used to have quiet time with my son, the older he was, the longer the time. I would reward him for being able to be quiet for a certain amount of time. Like with popcycles or something...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• And kids love details, explain to him why he needs to not talk or lower his voice. It will be more than once but after you explaing a few times ask him to explain to you. They catch on quick.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 8:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010