Wet or dry?

This November we have to vote on whetehr or not to go wet or dry. 2 neighboring cities are already wet. I'm not much of a drinker, but I can't decide on how to vote. On one hand, it would could our small city more tax money and maybe there would be things to do around here instead of driving nearly an hour for a movie theater, skating rink, bowling alley, or mall. On the other hand, it will most likely lead to tittie bars and things of that nature. I like the quietness and safety of living in a small town, but I just wish there were more things entertainment-wise. What do you think? Do you live in a wet or dry city and how do you like it?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It would bring more TAX dollars but you have to weigh the consequences. If it is a wet city, more drunk drivers and more possibility of getting into an accident or your kids getting hit by a drunk driver. I would vote NO (dry).
    keeshac85

Answer by keeshac85 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• ***It would BRING our small city more tax dollars***
    Sorry, I should proofread!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• As long as they don't zone for Adult Entertainment, then you won't have to worry about those. I understand your plight, though. I'm all for it, as long as they are gonna put those tax dollars to something that benefits your youngsters!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• There are pros and cons to each side. It will bring business into your city if it is wet, but it will also bring drunk drivers. If it is dry, it will likely be safer and quieter, but lets face it.... with bars and restaurants that serve alcohol there are jobs. And I don't think being a wet city would bring in titty bars. I only know of one dry town within an hours driving time from my area, and there is very little adult entertainment anywhere. Actually, aside from the "big" city, only 2 towns have any adult entertainment at all.
    Anonymous